The 29th Annual Subterranean Poetry Fest returns
September 7th 2019 1-4 pm!
The Subterranean Poetry Festival is curated this year by Christopher Funkhouser. Poetry and music in the Mine is a fantastic and unforgettable experience!
The 29th Annual Subterranean Poetry Festival presents a diverse mixture of local and regional writers who keep busy keeping their and minds on worlds at large. As with other events curated by Chris Funkhouser at Widow Jane Mine, expect a unique blend of voices whose aesthetics are often experimental and multimodal. Poet-critics, poet-musicians, poet-videographers, poet-mememakers, or photographers who also use language to interpret the cosmos, mass media, and pathways before them will take the stage at this year’s festival.
Come see and hear these poets! (this is the official list)
- Joshua Beckman
- Celia Bland
- Kenning JP Garcia
- Anne Gorrick
- Cole Heinowitz
- Shiv Mirabito
- Fred Moten
- John P. O’Grady
- Marianne Shaneen
- Gates open 1 hour before event.
- $10, presale available through PayPal (+$1 processing fee), $7 for member presales(+$1 processing fee). Cash and checks preferred at the event. Credit card processing available but presales, cash, and checks will be a lot faster. Children under 12, free – but must be supervised and seated at all times during the performance.
- As with all events in the Widow Jane Mine,
– Bring a folding chair for each audience member! We have only a limited number of plastic chairs, and if you bring your own, we can accommodate a larger crowd, and you’ll be more comfortable. Yoga mats or camping mattresses might also do if you don’t mind them getting wet and muddy.
– Dress for cool, damp, drippy weather, even if it’s the middle of summer. The mine has its own micro climate and often that climate is damp and drippy.
- Sorry, no dogs, please!
- The shows may be loud or have loud passages. Consider using ear protection, especially when sitting close to the stage.