With Sarah Perrotta and David Temple
Singer/songwriter/pianist Sarah Perrotta and classical guitarist David Temple will be sharing a double bill at The Widow Jane Mine in Rosendale, NY on Saturday September 11th at 3:30pm, commemorating the 20th anniversary of 9-11.
A portion of proceeds will go towards The American Red Cross who provided relief on 9-11 and continue to provide relief for the current disasters we face.
NY chanteuse Sarah Perrotta‘s alluring voice and thoughtful piano driven songs navigate the depths of jazz complexity dressed in pop sensibility. Perrotta has toured internationally with acts including Guster and Jason Colette of Broken Social Scene.
She has released three studio albums of her original art-rock/dream-pop and is about to release her fourth album entitled Blue to Gold, releasing October 15, 2021 on 7D Media/Third Star Records. Blue to Gold is produced by world class drummer Jerry Marotta (of Peter Gabriel, Hall & Oates, Sarah McLachlan) and features an all star ensemble of musicians including Tony Levin (of Peter Gabriel, King Crimson), Sara Lee (of The B52s, Gang of Four), Marc Shulman (of Suzanne Vega), Bill Dillon (of Robbie Robertson), Pamela Sue-Mann (of David Carbonara, Suzanne Vega), Gerry Leonard (of David Bowie, Rufas Wainwright), Rupert Greenall (of The Fixx) and Heather Masse (of The Wailin’ Jennys).
For this event Perrotta will be joined by her band: drummer Manuel Quintana, bassist Jesse Towey and guitarist Mo Kelly.
Listen here at: https://sarahperrotta3star.bandcamp.com
Classical guitarist and composer David Temple has performed throughout the country as a soloist and an ensemble player, carrying out the mission of presenting concerts full of color and variety. He has released four albums, including original compositions, original transcriptions, and repertoire spanning five centuries — his original music being used in film, television, and musical theater. A graduate of the music school at Eastern Michigan University, David is the vice president and a founding member of the Mid-Hudson Classical Guitar Society.
Currently an instructor at Bard Conservatory, Preparatory Division and at his private studio in Red Hook, NY, he has taught guitar, composition, and theory for the Friends Central School in Ardmore, PA and the Classical Guitar Store in Philadelphia. He has presented concerts for the Festival of the Arts at Mohonk, the Philadelphia Classical Guitar Society, the Ulster Chamber Music Series, and many others. He was soloist for the Northern Dutchess Symphony Orchestra’s 2019 performance of Rodrigo’s “Aranjuez” concerto.
Listen here at www.davidtemple.com.
- Gates open hour before event.
- $20, $15 for members, $10 for 13-18, 12 and under are free. Presales via this website are now preferred to get an estimate of audience size. Credit cards will be able tobe processed onsite. There will be a $1 processing fee for electronic sales
- As of early August 2021, Ulster County is experiencing a peak in COVID transmission, so please wear a mask, even if vaccinated, until new advice from the CDC & NY health departments lets us doff them.
- Children under 12 must be supervised and sated at all times during the performance.
- As with all events in the Widow Jane Mine,
– Bring a folding chair for each audience member! We have only a limited number of plastic chairs, and if you bring your own, we can accommodate a larger crowd, and you’ll be more comfortable. Yoga mats or camping mattresses might also do if you don’t mind them getting wet and muddy.
– Dress for cool, damp, drippy weather, even if it’s the middle of summer. The mine has its own micro climate and often that climate is damp and drippy.
- As with the rest of the site if you bring it in, bring it out.