Murder Café presents
Mystery in the Mine
A historical whodunit.
The year is 1889, and local leaders of industry and art meet for a summer celebration. Samuel Coykendall, who oversees an empire that includes steamboats, railroads, and the D&H Canal, is looking to move into the lucrative cement industry. Samuel and his socialite wife, Mary, are your hosts. Guests include celebrated Hudson River School painter Jervis McEntee and his companion Julia Dillion, an influential artist and business leader. Also in attendance are a college professor, the Coykendalls’ loyal butler, and their fortune-hunting maid. All the glitz and gaiety comes to a halt when one of the party guests is murdered. Katherine Kerry, a local society columnist, is on the scene. Will you help her solve the crime?
in the Widow Jane Mine
at the Snyder Estate
668 Route 213
Rosendale, NY 12472
Thursday, July 15th at 7 pm
Friday, July 16th at 7 pm
Saturday, July 17th at 3 pm
- Gates open hour before event.
- $25, $20 for members, $15 for 13-18, 12 and under are free. Presales via this website are now preferred to get an estimate of audience size. Credit cards will be able to be processed onsite. There will be a $1 processing fee for electronic sales.
- Children under 12 must be supervised and seated at all times during the performance.
- As with all events in the Widow Jane Mine,
– Bring a folding chair for each audience member! We have only a limited number of plastic chairs, and if you bring your own, we can accommodate a larger crowd, and you’ll be more comfortable. Yoga mats or camping mattresses might also do if you don’t mind them getting wet and muddy.
– Dress for cool, damp, drippy weather, even if it’s the middle of summer. The mine has its own micro climate and often that climate is damp and drippy.
- As with the rest of the site if you bring it in, bring it out.
- Sorry, no dogs, please!
“Murder in the Mine” was written and produced by Murder Cafe.
Murder Cafe is locally owned and nationally known.