The Century House Historical Society hosted a number of events on the estate and in the Widow Jane Mine.
Many events are benefits for the Society.
For events the CHHS produced, we took pre-sales and electronic payment for the first time!
Events for 2019:
- SPRING SPRUCE-UP DAY: Sunday May 5, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- CHHS SEASON OPENING: Sunday May 12, 1-4 pm (Mother’s Day)
Featuring a Geology walk of the Estate by Prof. Steven Schimmrich.
- WALLKILL VALLEY LAND TRUST (WVLT) HOUSE TOUR: June 1
(See WVLT web page)
- SITE CLOSED: Shaman’s Dawn Private Event: June 8-9
- POP-UP EVENT! Come Blow Your Horn Day: June 23rd
- HUDSON VALLEY POET BANDS SHOW: Saturday July 6, 4:30 pm
- POP-UP EVENT! Scream Real Loud Day: July 7th
- TAIKO MASALA Japanese Drumming Concert: Sunday, July 14, 3 – 5 pm
- ROSENDALE STREET FESTIVAL: We will be tabling! Sat-Sun July 20-21
- SITE CLOSED: Into the Deep Private Event: Saturday July 27
- POP-UP EVENT! Photo, Drawing, and Painting Day: July 28th
- POP-UP EVENT! Victorian Picnic : August 4th
- CATSKILL MOUNTAIN GAMELAN: Sunday, August 11, 3 – 5 pm
- MAMALAMA Y ANDES MANTA: Saturday, August 24, 3 – 5 pm
- FISHKILL FENCING MEET: Sunday Aug 25th
- POP-UP EVENT! Widstock August 18th
- MUSEUM SEASON LAST DAY: Sunday, Sept 1, 1-4pm
- SITE CLOSED: Movie shoot, Friday Sept 6
- SUBTERRANEAN POETRY FESTIVAL: Saturday, Sept 7, 1 – 4 pm
- SITE CLOSED: Movie shoot, Sunday, Sept 8
- SITE CLOSED: Private event: Friday, Sept 13 until 2pm.
- DZIECI THEATRE’S MAKBET: Saturday Sept 14 doors and pre-show activity 2PM, Show 3-5
- SITE CLOSED: Movie shoot, Friday Sept 20
- SUN AND STONE FESTIVAL: Saturday Sept 21 11 am – 10 pm
- FALL CLEAN-UP DAY: Sunday, Oct. 13, 10 – 2
- CHHS ANNUAL MEETING: Saturday, Dec. 7, 1 pm
Rosendale Community Center. Speaker : John Cox of Quercus Cooperage
NOTE! For all events in the Widow Jane Mine, please bring a fold up chair and a light jacket!
Look for pop-up events throughout the year! Fun reasons to visit the Estate during Sunday Museum hours!
* Fall Clean Up DayFall Clean Up Day
Time: 10:00 am
Help prepare the Snyder Estate for its winter hibernation!
|Walk & Talk|