Charming Disaster brings their engaging folk-goth music below the surface of the earth!
Brooklyn-based musical duo Charming Disaster was formed in 2012 by Ellia Bisker and Jeff Morris. Inspired by the gothic humor of Edward Gorey and Tim Burton, the noir storytelling of Raymond Chandler, the murder ballads of the Americana tradition, and the dramatic flair of the cabaret, they write songs that tell stories, using two voices to explore dark narratives and characters with a playfully macabre sensibility.
You may them already from their weekly streamed shows, and can find out more on their website, https://www.charmingdisaster.com, sample and pick up their music on Bandcamp, or contribute to their already successful Kickstarter for a major project about Marie Curie.
- Gates open hour before event.
- $25, $20 for members, $15 for 13-18, 12 and under are free. Presales via this website are now preferred to get an estimate of audience size. Credit cards will be able to be processed onsite. There will be a $1 processing fee for electronic sales.
- Children under 12 must be supervised and seated at all times during the performance.
- As with all events in the Widow Jane Mine,
– Bring a folding chair for each audience member! We have only a limited number of plastic chairs, and if you bring your own, we can accommodate a larger crowd, and you’ll be more comfortable. Yoga mats or camping mattresses might also do if you don’t mind them getting wet and muddy.
– Dress for cool, damp, drippy weather, even if it’s the middle of summer. The mine has its own micro climate and often that climate is damp and drippy.
- As with the rest of the site if you bring it in, bring it out.
- Sorry, no dogs, please!