The CHHS recognizes that people wish to come to the Snyder Estate to get some fresh air and exercise.
The 2020 Mother’s Day opening and all events are cancelled until July, when we hope to be able to reschedule the spruce up day and museum opening day and geology walk. The Museum will remain closed until then as well. We will be reevaluating the season as situation changes.
Official federal, state, and local rules about public behavior are changing on an almost daily basis, so please follow these rules to ensure that all visitors remain safe and healthy!
Please follow protocols put into place to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, including “stay at home” restrictions and guidelines issued by the CDC. Specifically, please do not visit the Estate if you are exhibiting symptoms. Please do follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior and after visiting.
You can access the full guidelines of the CDC here: [https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html]
and the New York State department of parks guidelines here: [https://parks.ny.gov/covid19/]
- Maintain social distancing, at least 6 feet.
- Be mindful of distancing in the parking lot.
- Dog walkers: keep your dog on leash and close by.
- Please do not congregate! Leave space for others on the trails and access roads, and give notice if you hear people approaching.
- As always, carry in, carry out all your trash.
- Do not use and discard downed branches as walking sticks, or in general have unprotected contact with the site.
If at any time we feel there are too many groups on site, we may have to ask you to leave, or even close the main gates. Please respect these decisions! Thank you, and we hope we can be able to provide more services and events later this year.
— CHHS Board of Trustees