The Century House Historical Society hosts a number of events on the estate and in the Widow Jane Mine. This list is subject to revision.
Many events are benefits for the Society.
For events the CHHS produces, we will be taking pre-sales and electronic payment for the first time! CHHS Members will get a pre-sale discount.
Events for 2019:
- SPRING SPRUCE-UP DAY: Sunday May 5, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- CHHS SEASON OPENING: Sunday May 12, 1-4 pm (Mother’s Day)
Featuring a Geology walk of the Estate by Prof. Steven Schimmrich.
- WALLKILL VALLEY LAND TRUST (WVLT) HOUSE TOUR: June 1
(See WVLT web page)
- SITE CLOSED: Shaman’s Dawn Private Event: June 8-9
- POP-UP EVENT! Come Blow Your Horn Day: June 23rd
- HUDSON VALLEY POET BANDS SHOW: Saturday July 6, 4:30 pm
- POP-UP EVENT! Scream Real Loud Day: July 7th
- TAIKO MASALA Japanese Drumming Concert: Sunday, July 14, 3 – 5 pm
- ROSENDALE STREET FESTIVAL: We will be tabling! Sat-Sun July 20-21
- SITE CLOSED: Into the Deep Private Event: Saturday July 27
- POP-UP EVENT! Photo, Drawing, and Painting Day: July 28th
- POP-UP EVENT! Victorian Picnic : August 4th
- CATSKILL MOUNTAIN GAMELAN: Sunday, August 11, 3 – 5 pm
- MAMALAMA Y ANDES MANTA: Saturday, August 24, 3 – 5 pm
- FISHKILL FENCING MEET: Sunday Aug 25th
- POP-UP EVENT! Widstock August 18th
- MUSEUM SEASON LAST DAY: Sunday, Sept 1, 1-4pm
- SITE CLOSED: Movie shoot, Friday Sept 6
- SUBTERRANEAN POETRY FESTIVAL: Saturday, Sept 7, 1 – 4 pm
- SITE CLOSED: Movie shoot, Sunday, Sept 8
- SITE CLOSED: Private event: Friday, Sept 13 until 2pm.
- DZIECI THEATRE’S MAKBET: Saturday Sept 14 doors and pre-show activity 2PM, Show 3-5
- SITE CLOSED: Movie shoot, Friday Sept 20
- SUN AND STONE FESTIVAL: Saturday Sept 21 11 am – 10 pm
- HUDSON VALLEY NEW MUSIC MICROFEST: Saturday Sept 28 3-6 pm
- FALL CLEAN-UP DAY: Sunday, Oct. 13, 10 – 2
- CHHS ANNUAL MEETING: Saturday, Dec. 7, 1 pm
Rosendale Community Center. Speaker : John Cox of Quercus Cooperage
NOTE! For all events in the Widow Jane Mine, please bring a fold up chair and a light jacket!
Look for pop-up events throughout the year! Fun reasons to visit the Estate during Sunday Museum hours!
|Walk & Talk|