The Century House Historical Society hosts musical, poetical, and theatrical events in the Widow Jane Mine.
A perennial event is the appearance of the Taiko Masala troupe, playing traditional Japanese music on huge drums, and combining that with dances and martial arts.
Here are some links to videos of past performances in the Mine:
- SextantWorks: The Mambo, an impromptu concert by Hassan Hakmoun and band (2014).
- The Mine Project – Dada Spill, July 2013 Experimental multi-media installation/performance and crowd project. Collaboration Mau Schoettle and Kate Hamilton, with 30 local volunteers. Data mining in the Widow Jane Mine.
- George Quasha, Charles Stein poetry and percussion
- The Subliminal History of New York State: Rosendale (Society for a Subliminal State, 2006)
- Mortal Mortar Made of Death, choral shape note singing, projected cave painting!
- Sounding In Widow Jane Mine, with Lisa Barnard Kelley, Tina Paterson, Viv Corringham
- Mr. Martinson’s Science Room, by Wayne Montecalvo